“Mommy, go for walk!” My son protested.
“No hunny, mommy is not feeling good today.” I tried to say. Not letting him in on the fact that I didn’t want to go out in the rain and that I was super tired because I am very ill.
“Moouuuoommyyy, go for walk!” He stomped his foot and gave a sad face.
I sighed heavy and gave in. Grabbed the umbrellas and zipped up our gear to head out into the down pour! Why did I agree to this again, I thought?
My son is three and wanted to hold his massive umbrella himself, which I allowed. But, after we got our little cups of Timmies Hot Chocolate, he couldn’t hold it any more and for the whole way back I had to hold both of our umbrellas. As we walked and my arms ached, I was thankful that he made me go outside and get the fresh air. It felt good to bond with him and feel the oxygen hitting my lungs and blood.
When we got home, we were wet…but more importantly, we were healthy and happy! Soon he will be at school too with the other ones and these moments won’t last. I need to enjoy them.
Now going back to the bit where I am not very healthy and didn’t originally want to go; Sometimes in life we get to a point where our aging bodies fail us. Right now, I am in that moment, although I am not sure what it is that doesn’t seem to want to work properly, yet. We are awaiting blood work. So, I have a choice until I find out and can do something about it, I could wallow in self pity and whine or, I can let my son take me outside to play, making the best of the situation. I took the latter as you know…After all, I really need the exercise!
Until we find out exactly what is going on, I have committed to maintaining some kind of health. I am going back to green smoothies, and green cleaning products. It is easy to fall off the band-wagon so-to-speak, especially when time is restrained in the home. Having to make your own food or products can be time consuming. But is crucial, in order to have a healthy home and healthy mommy too. This needs to take my time-priority!
My 2 top favourite’s for Green Cleaning Products and still use to this day are:
Melanie’s Window Cleaner:
- empty, clean, spray bottle (at dollar stores)
- fill half with white vinegar
- drop 6-8 drops of Peppermint or Lemon essential oil into bottle
- drop one or two drops of dish detergent (preferably sunlight)
- fill the rest with water
- wipe windows and mirrors off with paper towel
Melanie’s Counter Cleaner:
- empty,clean, spray bottle (at dollar stores)
- fill 3/4 the way up with warm water
- drop 6-8 drops of essential oil (lemon or, peppermint with a little bit of oregano oil)
- one to two drops of dish detergent (preferably sunlight)
- fill rest with water
- wipe with clean damp clothes
- don’t let food go directly on wet surface
My favourite Green smoothie:
Melanie’s Blueberry Concoction:
- 1 cup of wild organic frozen blueberries
- 1 cup of lettuce
- 1/2 cup of parsley
- 1 can of coconut milk (no chunks..yuck!)
- 1 very ripe organic banana
- 3 Tbls Spoons of Organic Greek yogurt-Vanilla flavoured
- fill with water to just under the full-line on your blender
- Blend until smooth
- Enjoy 😀
You can make your own too with these great ideas 😀
Get Healthy Green Smoothie Recipes for the whole family HERE!
If you are into savings through coupons, check out some of the places I use in Canada:
Stay Happy and Healthy in Christ,
3 John 1:2
“Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.” KJV